Pianos Become The Teeth
Pianos Become The Teeth has a melodic yet uncompromising sound that brings to mind such diverse and influential bands as Thursday, Envy and City of Caterpillar. Brimming with sincerity and brandishing an experimental ambiance, the band is pushing beyond the boundaries of a stale genre. Mixing elements of screamo, hardcore as well as post rock, Old Pride breathes new life into a once decaying scene.
“Their screamo peers — past or present — should be more than envious.”
-Alternative Press (4/5)
“The kind of band that allow you to feel young, nervous and excited about music again. Powerful, majestic, important and truly fantastic from start to finish.”
-Rock Sound (9/10)
“An eight song powerhouse of unabashed hardcore and screamo ...impressively devastating.”
-Indie Rock Reviews (9.2/10)
“We've been looking forward to the opportunity to deal with an album labeled screamo without having to put quotation marks around it — taking the time to simultaneously mimic the gesture with our hands.”
-Strange Glue (8 out of 10)
“...[A] ferocious album right from the start.”
“Old Pride ...is a more cohesive, mature musical statement. The percussion pummels you as the guitars schizophrenically shift and mold from pretty, delay-laden passages to crushing riffs with wild abandon that take directions completely different from what you were expecting to hear next.”
“Finally, the screamo genre has moved forward again.”
“[T]his is just a great album all the way around.”
Recent Tumblr MentionsTopshelf Records ? Winter Sale Fri, May 03, 2013
Winter Sale by Topshelf Records
We need to make more room for spring items! Take 20% off all winter merch with the code FALCOHERE thru next Friday (05/10/2013).
All fresh off new split releases or fantastic debut LP’s, Tigers Jaw (whom recently announced their indefinite hiatus), Pianos Become the Teeth, Sainthood Reps & Dad Punchers will be headed out together for various legs of a full US tour late this spring. Dates and info are all below:
Poster by AdamxVass (the “X” is for Straight Edge).
- May 23, 2013 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Altar Bar w/ Alison Weiss*
- May 24, 2013 - Cleveland, OH @ Mahalls 20 Lanes w/ Masked Intruder, Mixtapes*
- May 25, 2013 - Howell, MI @ BLED Fest*
- May 26, 2013 - Toronto, ON @ Hard Luck*
- May 27, 2013 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Pyramid Scheme*
- May 28, 2013 - Chicago, IL @ Beat Kitchen*
- May 29, 2013 - St. Louis, MO @ Cicero’s*
- May 30, 2013 - Omaha, NE @ The Waiting Room*
- May 31, 2013 - Denver, CO @ 7th Circle*
- June 1, 2013 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Kilby Court*
- June 3, 2013 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon*
- June 4, 2013 - Portland, OR @ Backspace Café*
- June 6, 2013 - San Francisco, CA @ Sub-mission Art Space*
- June 7, 2013 - Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction*
- June 8, 2013 - Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction*
- June 9, 2013 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Underground*^
- June 11, 2013 - Dallas, TX @ Club Dada*^
- June 12, 2013 - Austin, TX @ Red 7*^
- June 14, 2013 - Birmingham, AL @ The Forge^
- June 15, 2013 - Tampa, FL @ Epic Problem^
- June 16, 2013 - Jacksonville, FL @ Phoenix Taproom^
- June 17, 2013 - Atlanta, GA @ Under the Couch^
- June 18, 2013 - Richmond, VA @ The Camel^
- June 19, 2013 - Baltimore, MD @ Otto Bar^
- June 20, 2013 - New York, NY @ Santos Party House^
- June 21, 2013 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Unitarian Church^
- June 22, 2013 - Hamden, CT @ The Space^
- June 23, 2013 - Boston, MA @ The Sinclair^
* with Sainthood Reps
*^ with Sainthood Reps & Dad Punchers
^ with Dad Punchers
I am to understand ticket links for all of these shows will be made available by Friday (though some already are).
La Dispute are heading out on an Australian Tour this June with Pianos Become the Teeth in tow. Dates, info and ticket URLs below:
- Fri June 28 ? Hi Fi, Brisbane ? Doors 8.00pm - Tickets from www.thehifi.com.au, tel 1300-THEHIFI (8434434) and Moshtix outlets.
- Saturday June 29 ? Mt Gravatt PCYC, Brisbane AA ? Doors 5.30pm - Tickets from Oztix outlets and www.oztix.com.au
- Sunday June 30 ? YAC, Byron Bay AA ? Doors 6.00pm - Tickets from Oztix outlets and www.oztix.com.au
- Wed July 3 ? Cambridge, Newcastle ? Doors 7.00pm - Tickets from the venue and yourcambridge.com.
- Thur July 4 ? ANU, Canberra ? Doors 8.00pm - Tickets from Ticketek outlets, www.ticketek.com.au
- Fri July 5 ? Metro, Sydney Lic / AA ? Doors 7.00pm - Tickets from Ticketek outlets, www.ticketek.com.au
- Sat July 6 ? Amplifier, Perth ? Doors 8.00pm - Tickets from Oztix outlets and oztix.com.au
- Sun July 7 ? YMCA HQ, Perth AA ? Doors 1.00pm - Tickets from Oztix outlets and oztix.com.au
- Wed July 10 ? Fowlers, Adelaide Lic / AA ? Doors 7.30pm - Tickets from Clarity Records, Moshtix outlets, moshtix.com.au and Venue Tix
- Thu July 11 ? Brisbane Hotel, Hobart ? Doors 8.00pm - Tickets from Moshtix outlets and moshtix.com.au
- Fri July 12 ? Corner, Melbourne 18+ ? Doors 8.30pm - Tickets from the venue 1300 724 867 and cornerhotel.com
- Sat July 13 ? Corner, Melbourne ? U18 ? Doors 12.30pm - Tickets from the venue 1300 724 867 and cornerhotel.com
Complete Pianos Become the Teeth - The Lack Long After collection (minus test press).
Pianos Become The Teeth - The Lack Long After - 1st Press, Clear With Black & Gray Swirl /100
Pianos Become The Teeth - The Lack Long After - 1st Press, Translucent Amber /150
Pianos Become The Teeth - The Lack Long After - 1st Press, White /250
Pianos Become The Teeth - The Lack Long After - 1st Press, Navy /500
Pianos Become The Teeth - The Lack Long After - 2nd Press, Dark Green/White /500
Pianos Become The Teeth - The Lack Long After - 2nd Press, Translucent Red /500
Pianos Become The Teeth - The Lack Long After - 3rd Press, Clear /500
Pianos Become The Teeth - The Lack Long After - 4th Press, Black /500
Pianos Become The Teeth - The Lack Long After - 5th Press, Grey /1,000
Pianos Become The Teeth - The Lack Long After - 6th Press, Beige /500
Whoa! Bands we’ve worked with past & present collide on one awesome show:
Baltimore: Do NOT miss Pianos Become The Teeth, Defeater, Sainthood Reps & Octaves playing Ottobar tomorrow!! I’m to understand their are less than 50 tickets left and that Pianos will have their exclusive variant of their split 7” with Touche Amore available.
another poster coming up, this time for Pianos Become the Teeth?s hometown show at the end of the month. This will also be a limited edition of 40 posters for sale at the show. 2 color screen print on 80lb 12.5x19? speckled paper. Any extras after the show will be available from my webstore.
This is gonna be a real good jammy.
These started shipping Friday! The shirts aren?t in for the package deals yet, so those orders are still on hold a little bit longer. If you haven?t picked it up you still can in our store.
Also, we?ve been randomly throwing in some TA / PBTT winter 2011 tour posters that we found some extra?s of in some of the orders.
Howabout the video Max Moore did for Touché Amoré?s ?Gravity, Metaphorically?? The end is unreal good.
The response to this Touche Amore / Pianos Become The Teeth split has been UNREAL. Thank you! Just a heads up: record bundles, package deal exclusive colors and the split halves variants are all sold out with the last copies of the exclusive gold variant about to be gone. All orders come with an immediate download which includes free courtesy tracks from Caravels & Octaves.
Order the record on vinyl, exclusive shirts, package deals, bundles and more at the Topshelf store (instant downloads of the record with free bonus tracks from Caravels and Octaves)
Pick it up digitally on the Topshelf bandcamp (with free bonus tracks from Caravels and Octaves)
We also have some new merch for Pianos in too:
Along with the shirts above, we also have re-stocks and re-presses for:
- Pianos Become the Teeth - The Lack Long After re-press
- Full of Hell / Code Orange Kids - Split re-press
- The Saddest Landscape - After the Lights re-press
- The Saddest Landscape shirt re-stocks
- We Were Skeletons shirt re-stocks
- Topshelf Records logo sweater re-stocks
- new records from Touché Amoré & Code Orange Kids in our distro
- The Saddest Landscape box set & re-issues
Head over to the Topshelf Records store to check it out.
Pianos Become the Teeth - ?Hiding?